With beaches on our doorstep and many mountains to explore, Culbin Edge is ideally situated for a great holiday. Situated a three hour drive north of Edinburgh and Glasgow and only one and half hours to the west coast. Five miles from Culbin Edge, you’ll find the towns of Nairn and Forres, each with plenty of amenities, and Inverness Airport is located just 23 miles away.
Wildlife and bird life
Keep a lookout for the various wildlife and bird life that can in found in our area and across Moray. Roe Deer, Red Squirrels, Pine Martins, Badgers, Scottish Crossbills, Woodcock, Pheasants and, occasionally, rare groups of visiting Waxwings. At certain times of the year, Osprey can be seen fishing in Findhorn Bay.
On our doorstep
- Culbin Forest is home to excellent walks and cycle paths
- Castles: Brodie and Cawdor Castles are within six miles of Culbin Edge, or take a day trip to Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle
- Findhorn is the perfect spot for sailing
- Cairngorms: Here you’ll find all types of activities including hiking, walking and skiing and snowboarding. You can also visit the ospreys at Loch Garten.
- Golf: You’ll be spoilt for choice with Nairn Dunbar, Nairn, Kinloss Country Golf Club and former host of the Scottish Open, Castle Stuart
- Walks: Dunearn Burn Walk, Randolph’s Leap and the Speyside Way, to name a few
- Follow the world famous Malt Whisky Trail, through Speyside to seven working distilleries
- Orienteering: Major events frequently held in Moray
Eating out – Local recommendations
- The Red Beastie (also known as The Red Lion), Forres – Good pub food
- The Old Mill Inn, Brodie – Menus tailored to the seasons, using the finest locally-sourced produce
- Brodie Countryfare – Restaurant and shopping experience
- Logie Steading – Cafe and Visitor Centre
- Knockomie Hotel, Forres – Fine dining with locally-sourced ingredients
- Cluny Bank, Forres – Fine dining at Franklin’s Restaurant
- Boath House, near Nairn – Luxury dining
- The Bothy Bistro, Burghead – Family friendly bistro
- The Bakehouse, Findhorn – Organic food and bakery
- The Kimberley Inn, Findhorn – Dining on the seafront
- The Al Raj, Nairn – Great Indian food