With beaches on our doorstep and mountains to explore we are ideally situated for a great holiday. Three hours drive North of Edinburgh and Glasgow and only one and half hours to the West Coast. Local towns Nairn and Forres, 5 miles, Inverness Airport 23 miles.
Wildlife and Bird life, frequently seen in our area
Roe Deer, Red Squirrels, Pine Martins, Badgers, Scottish Crossbills, Woodcock, Pheasants and occasionally rare groups of visiting Waxwings. At certain times of the year Osprey can be seen fishing in Findhorn Bay.
On Our Doorstep
- Culbin Forest – excellent walks and cycle paths .
- Castles – Brodie and Cawdor Castles are within 6 miles or a day trip to Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle
- Findhorn – Sailing
- Cairngorms – Biking, walking, Skiing. Ospreys at Loch Garten.
- Golf – Spoilt for choice with Nairn Dunbar, Nairn, Kinloss Country Golf Club and Castle Stuart home to the Scottish Open for the past three years.
- Walks – Dunearn Burn Walk, Randolph’s Leap, Speyside Way
- Follow the world famous Malt Whiskey Trail, through Speyside to seven working distilleries
- Orienteering – Major events frequently held in Moray
Eating Out – Local recommendations
- The Red Beastie , Forres – Good pub food
- Brodie Old Mill – Steak night Monday, roasts on Sunday with live music
- Brodie Countryfare – Restaurant and shopping experience
- Logie Steading – Cafe and Visitor’s Centre
- Knockomie Hotel, Forres – fine dining
- Cluny Bank, Forres – fine dining
- Boath House -Luxury dining
- The Bothy Bistro, Burghead
- The Bakehouse, Findhorn – Organic food and bakery
- The Kimberly Inn, Findhorn – Dining on the seafront
- The Al Raj, Nairn, Great Indian food